Have you ever played 52 Card Pickup?
It’s not really a game. It’s played by spraying cards all over a room and shouting, “52 Card Pickup!” And then the other person has to pick up all 52 cards.
Sela, aged 7, “That’s not a game. That’s terrible!”
Alex, aged 18, “No, I’ve never heard of this. Do you think kids walk around with decks of cards these days?”*
*Actual cards were provided by Alex.
🃏 The Joker is wild!
Shuffle the playlist for best results.
♥️ ♣️ ♦️ ♠️ Suit yourself
There’s a version of the playlist on YouTube if you don’t have Spotify.
52 Card Pickup Playlist
- Mabusso – Orchester Ambros Seelos
- Mambo #8 – Perez Prado
- I Saw the Light – 2015 Remaster – Todd Rundgren
- Sneakin’ Sally Through The Alley – Robert Palmer
- Never Seen Such Good Things – Devendra Banhart
- Confidence Man – Cass McCombs
- The World’s Smiling Now – Jim James
- There’s a New Day Coming – Menahan Street Band
- Falling in Love Again – Dojo Cuts
- Highway Anxiety – William Tyler
- No Halo – Kevin Morby
- Moments – Lucille Crew
- Time’s Up – O.C.
- Babyman – Circles Around The Sun
- Shouldn’t Have Took More Than You Gave – Dave Mason
- Nancy From Now On – Father John Misty
- I Got The… – 2006 Remaster – Labi Siffre
- Gold – Spandau Ballet
- Hedron – BADBADNOTGOOD
- Terra – Julian Lynch
- Raw Silk Uncut Wood – Laurel Halo
- Push Push (feat. Duane Allman) – Herbie Mann
- Girls on the TV – Laura Jean
- Rush – Fred Deakin
- Celestial Gold – Vinyl Williams
- Mythic Music – Earth Boys
- People Will Always Need Coal – Public Service Broadcasting
- The Return of Electric John – Foshe
- High – Brian Ellis
- Dansoman Last Stop – Nick Walters
- Can of Worms – Gold Celeste
- Talking to the Walls – Chloe Bodur
- Temple Dancer – Space Ghost
- Go Away – Jeff Parker
- Precious Energy – Homage to Leon Thomas and Pharoah Sanders – Barney McAll
- Summoning the Monkey God – 45 Edit – The Sorcerers
- Oom Sha La La – Haley Heynderickx
- Everything Counts – David Axelrod
- Melancholy Baby – Gary McFarland & Co.
- Love Don’t Come Easy – The New Jersey Connection
- Urubu malandro – Banda Black Rio
- Butterfly – Michal Urbaniak
- Knock Knock – Madlib
- This Man – Robert Cray
- C-Side – Khruangbin
- Kingston – Faye Webster
- Sophisticated Honky – Orgone
- Rocket Fuel (feat. De La Soul) – DJ Shadow
- Transition – Santiago Bosch
- Do Your Dance – EMEFE
- Upstart – Ill Considered
- Under the Sun – Spellling
I’ve always wanted to be a gif!
I’ve been a person, an object, a beverage conveyance, and a figment of other people’s imagination.
Now I’m a gif with my very own GIPHY Channel!
Mambo No. 8? How many Mambos are there?
You probably know about Lou Bega’s Mambo No. 5. We still get requests for it at weddings. But did you know that Mambo No. 1 dates back to 12,450 BCE? Multi-award winning musical comedian Archie Henderson did an entire exposition on the history of music with sound clips in the form of a Twitter thread. See Mambo No. 2 below. Click through for the thread.